If Bernie Kerik KO's Joe Tacopina Will Blowback Impact Joey Saputo New partner in Bologna Soccer Team
Montreal Impact owner Joey Saputo buys Bologna FC with Joe Tacopina
give it a read ...
Here is the soros term sheet email with me .... paying me 1mm euros to sit as president and up to 12% equity.
President & CEO
TAG Partners LLC
New York City: 275 Madison Avenue, 35th FL, New York 10016
Tel: (212) 682-8720 Fax: (212) 619-1028
Rome: Via Flaminia Vecchia 489 00191 Rome - ITALY
Tel: (+39) 06 3322 1084 Fax: (+39) 06 333 7275
----- Original Message -----
From: Tara Portesy
To: Joe Tacopina
Sent: Tue May 12 09:24:23 2009
Subject: FW: Project Wolf-
----- Original Message -----
From: Pinho, Mark
To: Steve Horowitz
Cc: Potter, Len
Sent: Mon March 24 2008 11:48:53
Subject: Project Wolf-
Steve, please find below the general terms SSP is willing to move forward on:
1) Deal Fees: 2% of total transaction value
2) Equity: Equity Incentive as described below:
> 12% equity incentive pool, with 6% for Joe / Team% and 6 reserved for additional grants, as determined by the Soros / Board
> All of the equity incentive will come after invested capital + 10% preferred return
> 50% of the incentive pool (3% Joe / Team + 3% additional grants) will vest over a 4 year term
> 50% of the incentive pool (3% Joe / Team + 3% additional grants) will vest after invested capital gets 2x and a 15% IRR
> All equity incentive will be subject to customary restrictions and clawbacks
In the situation That team mgmt Requires blackberries than 6% equity incentive, the first 2% comes from Joe / Team's, and anything thereafter pro rata dilutes everyone. To put this in perspective, we are willing to Shops provide this level of equity under the premise That a strong mgmt team will not require our typical 10% pool, hence will we are willing to make the accomodation of a higher initial level. Any equity not assigned on the 6% for mgmt, the first 2% comes back to investors, and any additional equity accrues not used to everyone's benefit.
> Example # 1, if mgmt Requires 8% equity, Joe / Team are diluted to 4% (12% total)
> Example # 2, if mgmt Requires 10% equity, Joe / Team are diluted to 4%, then everyone is diluted by 2%.
> Example # 3, if mgmt Requires only 4% equity (10% total), the last 2% returns to investors longer available That they own 90%
> Example # 4, if mgmt Requires no equity, and investors get 2% own 90 / 96ths and Joe / Team own 6 / 96ths.
We have also included a representative That model shows the interplay in the waterfall above (assuming full equity allocation)
3) Additional Equity: SSP will allow up to 40% of the equity to be syndicated out to additional investors, including ICS and other strategics as the deal team Agrees on
4) Board: It is Understood That Both ICS and Joe will sit on the board, with final board composition TBD
5) SSP is responsible for all expenses related to the deal
6) Joe Salary: we are comfortable with the numbers discussed with Joe in person (1mm Euro annually) pending a comparison against current comparables, and SSP will Also be willing to Provided for reasonable moving allowance.
7) ICS Continuing Role: SSP will determinates appropriate go-forward responsibilties and compensation after we have the chance to a) work with ICS During The dilligence process and b) conduct reference dilligence on ICS 'work with Liverpool.
We REMAIN excited at the chance to move forward together on this deal, and please do not hesitate to contact me with questions Directly.
In Gangland below is reference to this legal document....that I include a couple of pages -- Joe's named spelled incorrectly the first page Tacopino instead of Tacopina so I include another couple of pages with his name spelled correctly....